Sunday, August 29, 2010

The first weekend's over

Hawaii is still playing UCLA, last I checked. It's nice that UCLA flies out there every August to play the role of the Washington Generals.

I have spent a good part of this weekend entering DIII schedules for Rich Kern's site. Some schools don't really seem to have their heart in the information business. They don't just list "Volleyball Match against some school" on their schedules, but it comes close.

Did you know the St. Louis College of Pharmacy fields a team?

The big news today is that Florida took down the Huskers in Omaha. They were up 2-0 and had several match points in g3, but let it slip away. The Huskers thumped them good in g4 and were up 11-7 (I think) in g5, but the Gators came back to win. It hardly makes up for the 3-2 losses to the Huskers that the Gophers have endured over the years, but Dave Boos at least was able to experience what it's like to be on the winning side of one of them.

Can't say there were a lot of other surprises this weekend, except for the St. Louis College of Pharmacy beating Stanford. That was odd. (Drugs are suspected.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Polymathtobe said...

I just caught up with your blog. And I did know that the St. Louis College of Pharmacy fielded a volleyball team. I'd attended a match at their gym, and I once knew their head coach. She's moved on to Webster U.

Does this make me a hopeless volleyball geek?

September 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home