Friday, September 14, 2007

Luke's blog

(R)uffda!'s dog here. Luke, they call me, when they call me. You might find it odd for a dog to be blogging about volleyball. You might find it even odder when I tell you I moved on to the Big Kennel in the Sky about 20 years ago. That's right. It's a Dead Dog Blog.

So why's old Luke blogging rather than scampering around in -- and crapping all over -- the happy hunting grounds? Well, for starters, (R)uffda!'s been asleep at the wheel for several days, non-blogging as it were. Blogger's Block, he says. Blogger’s lazy butt, I say. Then, for continuings, I've been looking for a new hobby for a while now, ever since I lost interest in learning Italian (long story). And volleyball's always fascinated me, ever since I was a pup. Well, more so fetch maybe, but, still, there was a ball involved. Finally, for finallies, I'm riled up about something.

You know what always got my fleas flying when I was alive and scratching? There was this guy, a pasty-faced guy in a blue suit with a big old bag. Almost every day he'd come to the house and shove papers through a narrow slot in the front door. What the hell?! I'd say before going berserk and chawing on those papers something awful. And then, get this, someone would kick me and call me names and wrench the offensive material from the vice-like grip of my jaws! Like I was the one who'd brought the crap into the damned house!

Anyhow, there’s some stuff going on in volleyball that has the same sort of effect on me. Actually, quite a bunch of stuff. I’ve made a list:

1) The Pac 10 versus the Big 10
2) Gametracker
3) John Cook
4) The AVCA poll
5) Pablo
6) Rich Kern’s color scheme
7) Dave Shoji’s lineup shuffling
8) Washington’s non-conference schedule
9) The multi-colored volleyball
10) Snacks

I hope to expound on these items. Soon. In the meantime, your cat says “hi.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home