Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Cheese Man and the Big Dig

According to the Boston Globe, "[r]eputed New England Mafia underboss Carmen "Cheese Man" DiNunzio was arrested this morning on charges stemming from a 2006 sting operation in which he allegedly gave an undercover FBI agent a $10,000 bribe to secure a $6 million contract for the Big Dig, according to a federal indictment unsealed today.

...

According to an FBI affidavit also filed in court today, DiNunzio met on Oct. 9, 2006, with an undercover FBI agent that he believed was a corrupt Massachusetts Highway Department employee. DiNunzio was unaware that he was secretly being recorded as they discussed concerns about whether Marino, DiNunzio's associate, was going to back out of the loam deal.

According to the affidavit, the undercover agent said he needed "a guarantee that somebody's got their foot on Marino's neck.''

DiNunzio said, "Listen to me. Right here you got the guarantee from here."

The undercover agent said, "I don't know you."

DiNunzio, the allegedly reclusive Mafia underboss, said, "Look it, I don't even come out, I come out cause of this guy. I'm the Cheeseman.''

"You're the cheeseman?" the agent said.

"You ask anybody about me,'' DiNunzio said. "We straighten out a lot of beefs, a lot of things.''

DiNunzio said his friends would go through with the loam deal or they'd face problems.

"They better leave town,'' he said. "Cause it ain't gonna be safe nowhere for them.'' "

***

So here's my question: How does one go about changing one's mob moniker? Cuz if I'm The Cheese Man, I'm thinking I'm not getting a lot of respect. Maybe The Pillow Man or The Garden Guy are intimidated, but that's about it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home