Monday, September 8, 2008

The end is so close you can smell it!

Wednesday, to be exact. So I said to myself, "Do I really need to bother with the weekend review?"

Large Hadron Collider


Are you prepared?

My question is this: If I have my long-anticipated stroke on Wednesday, how the hell am I going to know if I died or if the world just came to an end? The latter, of course, would be the silver lining...


**Professor Cox, typically sedate, adds irritatingly, "Anyone who thinks the LHC will destroy the world is a t---. "**


A turd? A tick? A tarp? Those British.


**While the reactor could produce black holes, according to physicists, they would be tiny and would not be capable of growing. The study states, "Each collision of a pair of protons in the LHC will release an amount of energy comparable to that of two colliding mosquitoes, so any black hole produced would be much smaller than those known to astrophysicists."**


Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to run into any black holes, nano-sized or not. Nothing good could possibly come of that. At the very least, it's going to ruin my pants.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home