Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend #3 is history

Hope you weren't waiting breathlessly for my latest blog entry. I suspect you weren't, but who knows what sort of reading material you've been provided. This might be Shakespearean in comparison. Or Pioneer Pressian, at least.

Let's see. What's happened? Lauren Gibbemeyer has broken her wrist, although it's being kept hush-hush. Not sure why. I'm confident that my posting it here will not interfere with that plan.

Stanford, blast-it-all, beat Penn State. It's not like I didn't expect it and it was long past time for the Knitting Lions to lose, but BASTA! and all, you know. This has made The Cardinal the consensus #1, except for two AVCA voters who apparently believe PSU is still #1. Birthers, no doubt.

There's been a ruckus over at VolleyTalk and you, Gorf, are partly to blame. Bill continued being Bill and was joined by a couple of other Bill-esque posters and Odin eventually had to ban them as an alternative to just shutting down the Political Ramblings section. My arch-nemesis took a cheapshot and then went away, as is his wont. Not worth mentioning, really, but too late!

The Gophers are off to San Diego for a tournament. Last time, as Gorf recalls, the ladies (with Berg) ended up losing to the Toreoreoes and 9/11 followed two days later. Yikes. I still remember how weird things were in the airport -- and this was before the 11th.

The youngest wants me to read to her. That's going to have to be it for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home