Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And then there were 4 (and not the 4 I picked)

So my 1st, 3rd, 9th and 12th most likely teams to win it all advance to San Antonio. Not an impressive effort on my part.

But it gets worse. These were the teams I was pulling for in each match in the round of 16:

Kentucky
Penn State
Purdue (I guess)
Minnesota
Ohio State
Florida
Hawaii
Pepperdine (I guess)

Round of 8 (adjusted for the winners in the previous round):

Texas (I guess)
Iowa State
Florida
Pepperdine

Add it up and you can see that I was disappointed in 10 of the 12 matches. Part of this has to do with pulling for the underdog, but most of it has to do with the Fates crushing my every dream. I have pissed someone off, there is no doubt about it.

Finals?

Florida State and Illinois with Illinois winning it all. But this has more to do with wanted someone new to win it all -- and not wanting the Pac12 to win another title -- than it does with really pulling for either of those teams. Florida State is a nice story and I did get to see them in person, but I really don't have a strong desire to see any of these teams win it all.

And, that too, is Karma messing around with me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home