Friday, December 12, 2008

Dot Your Eye

People often ask me, "(R)uffda!, why can't your blog be more like Dot Your Eye? You know, funny?" And by "people" I don't mean real people, I mean those six inch clowns that show up in the middle of the night and start braiding my hair.

Well, first of all, do they have any idea how much this hurts my feelings? The comparison to Dot Your Eye, that is, not the hair braiding. I kinda like the hair braiding. Second of all, "funny" is in the dotyoureye of the beholder. One man's funny is another man's mildly amusing.

However, in an attempt to satisfy my audience (which appears to consist of six inch imaginary hair stylists), I present a few random quotes from tonight's regional sites...

From Penn State:

Senior middle blocker Ashley Vogl of Western Michigan.

"I think something that is unique to our team that some of the other teams don't have is that we are really fast. We're not particularly big. We're kind of a smaller team in terms of height and overall presence on the floor, but we're very, very quick and I think that's something that is a threat to other teams."

For instance, just watch how fast they get from game one to the team bus.

Or as Coach Rose put it, "Well, that would be something that you can't really counteract. We have some players who are pretty quick. And we have some players who are big and quick, so there are some advantages to that."

Yes, BIG and quick has its advantages.


From Texas:

"Due to its travel schedule, Oregon was unable to attend the press conference."

Sorry, I got nothing.


From Colorado State:

"Due to the %@&#ing NCAA Selection Committee, CSU was unable to attend the regional."

OK, I made that one up, but CSU has made it too difficult to find any quotes. Or find anything, for that matter.


From Washington:

Nope, more of the same here. Website is too busy, too much flash and not enough substance. Kinda like JMac's poetry.


I have to say this has been a miserable experiment. I'm just going to have to take my cue from Frank Sinatra and do it "my way". As opposed to Nancy Sinatra and walking all over you in my boots.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home