Friday, October 17, 2008

Ask (R)uffda!

Some knowledgeable volleyball people are calling Penn State the best DI team of all-time? Is this true?

Yes, that’s what some of them are saying.

Let me rephrase ...

Don’t bother. I was just joshing with you. Is Penn State the best DI team of all-time?

That was my question.

Don’t interrupt me, please. I was speaking rhetorically.

I would say maybe. Who knows? It’s like that Coke commercial where the high school football team from the 50s is playing the team from the 00s. Coke, of course, pretends that the game will be competitive, whereas we all know that 50s team is going to have their asses handed to them.

How do we know how this Lions team would do against the 1998 Beach team? Or the Walsh/Folkl Stanford squad?

This sort of question is just not something I can answer. I can’t deal with pure hypotheticals.

Is it true Obama is a Bulgerian?

No. And way to go all tangential on me.

If Obama were a Bulgerian, would that change how you feel about Bulgerians?

No. It’s Belgians I have my beef with. With which I have my beef. But if Obama were a Bulgerian, it’d change how I feel about the Democratic nomination process.

What’s been the biggest surprise so far this season?

I’d have to say the T-Rex eating all those WSU fans. A close runner-up was Mick Haley singing the National Anthem with Boy George.

How do we dig our way out of this financial crisis?

Gotta trust the block and your teammates. You start Gentiling on us and you may as well kiss that 401K goodbye. Only Paula can pull that off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home