Saturday, December 13, 2008

Watching the regional finals

I am on the look out for the following items:

*How many times will ESPN explain the rules of volleyball to us? Specifically, "point per play", what the libero is, and how we now play to 25.

*Does Cal take a game from the Nittanies? PSU has not really been pushed in the tournament. Could they not be ready for the higher level of play?

*Can Nebraska possibly find a way to beat UW? My head says "no way", but my gut is queasy. Could be all that Mountain Dew and cat.

*Can the Cyclones beat Texas? I say nope, because UT has too many offensive weapons. ISU needs to rally to stay in this match and I just don't see how they can dig all those Longhorn hitters. I am, however, rooting for them.

*Speaking of Iowa State, CJ is the last remaining female head coach in the tournament. Wouldn't it be cool for her to reach the finals? Texas fans probably think not, but ...

*Hawaii v. Stanford intrigues me. I'm just not 100% sold on The Cardinal. I'm not even 50% sold on UH, but they keep winning. I do not think this one is a lock.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home