Monday, October 21, 2013

Ask (R)uffda!

This was written last year, but it would not post. Yes, I know. It was better that way. But since it's just sitting here ...

Ask (R)uffda!

It’s been a while and the mailbox was stuffed full of correspondence. Crammed even. Some of it is a little odd, we’ll warn you about that right up front. But without further ado, let’s have at it.

 Dear Hugh, I was going to ask you about your funny accent, but then my wife told me that that would be sorta rude and that you were from New Zealand and that’s how people talk there. Rather than waste this stamp, I’m going to ask you the obvious question: Is there a Zealand? G. J.

Dear G. J., I’m not sure where to start with this one, except to ask why are you calling me Hugh? Furthermore, I am not from New Zealand -- or Old Zealand, for that matter. Although I did see The Lord of the Rings movies and the first part of The Hobbit (which wasn’t as bad as everyone said it was). I think, and don’t quote me on this, that someone Sauron knew in high school might have moved to Zealand and never bothered to write. Ticked Sauron off – and the rest is history. That’s all I have. Sorry. (R)uffda!

Dear Clelia, How do you pronounce your name? And do you miss Italy? R. B.

Dear R. B., I pronounce my name (R)uffda! So I’m a little baffled why you are spelling it Clelia, which, I believe, is pronounced CLAY-lee-uh. That’s how the Gophers’ transfer middle-blocker from Oregon, Clelia De Felice, pronounces it anyhow. And, yes, I do miss Italy. Florence, especially. Why do you ask? That’s a coincidence, I might add. Clelia – that transfer middle-blocker from Oregon I was telling you about? She’s from Italy. I wonder if she misses it. (R)uffda!

Dear Paige, What’s it like being a twin? I’ve never been one and I think it’s too late now. S. W.

Dear S. W., You know when you get up in the morning and you look in the mirror and you’re staring at yourself? It’s kind of like that only it’s all the time. And if your twin is standing next to you when you look in the mirror? That’s kind of what it’s like to be a quadruplet. My name is not Paige, by the way. Neither is it my twin’s name. Who does not exist. (R)uffda!

And finally …

Dear Kalei, Minnesota? In the winter?? What were you thinking?! D. B.

Dear D. B., There’s something wrong with my mail. Let me get back to you. (R)uffda!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home