Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ranking the teams, a blog

Luke here. (R)uffda! has asked me to document (i.e., blog about) his efforts to rank the Top 30 teams for the 2008 season. My first reaction was, of course, Why the bleep would I want to do that? This was actually my second, third and fourth reactions, as well. But the poor guy claims he can’t possibly rank the teams and blog about the experience. He says he’s already stretched too thin -- a particularly poor metaphor in his case, I might add -- and promises me carte blanche with my reports. I have no idea what this means, but he tells me it’s good.

How could I say no?

Right off the bat, there is a problem. He has begun his work dressed solely in his underwear. I make it perfectly clear that this was in NO WAY part of the deal and that either he gets dressed now or I walk.

He returns in his jammies, clutching his rankings from 2007, PrepVolleyball’s Top College Recruiting Classes of 2008, Pablo’s final 2007 ratings, and what appears to be a copy of Volleyball Rankings for Dummies. I’m not sure he’s risen to that level, but be that as it may. Be that as it might. Be that as it will. Whatever.

“Where the hell is the AVCA preview?” he asks his computer screen. “Shut up!” he says to me, even though I am only typing. He’s testy.

Apparently, this is an important item, this AVCA preview. He swears a few times, tosses all his materials at me, and says he’s headed to the couch for a nap.

Such excitement. I wonder what’s on A&E?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home