Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rankings continued

He’s back.

“Number one and two are no-brainers,” he says. That’ll sure come in handy for him, I think. I laugh at my own joke.

“What’s so damned funny?” he asks. Nothing, I think, except for those jammies. I laugh at this joke, too. He glares at me, mumbles something unintelligible and then clams up. I am quickly bored. Telling jokes to oneself will do that. I wait for him to continue.

“Penn State is number one and Stanford, dammit, is number two,” he says at last. “Of course,” he continues, “The Cardinal have to replace Kehoe and we’re still not sure who’s on the Olympic team. Flukey and Barbie could be tired. We can hope.”

I don’t like (R)uffda! calling Akinradewo and Barboza “Flukey” and “Barbie”. It implies a familiarity which does not exist.

“What the hell are you typing?” he says and comes to read over my shoulder. “What the bleep?! You can’t type that!”

Carte blanche, I type.

“You don’t even know what it means!” he shouts.

I looked it up, I type. Doofus, I add, for good measure.

“FINE!” he says, and stomps off.

So this is what we have so far:

1--Penn State
2--Stanford (maybe)

All of this without the AVCA Preview, no less!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home