Thursday, October 11, 2007

(Arf)da!’s VolleyTalk Pick the Winners Contest Cheat Sheet

You can rely on Pablo or you can trust a dead dog. It’s your choice. Personally, it reminds me a little of the story of John Henry’s hammer. You know the one. Railroad worker versus steam hammer? Never mind that JHen dies in his triumph over the soulless machine. I’m already dead.

So, let’s pick ‘em!

*Florida over Arkansas. No brainer.
*Wichita State over Creighton. Careful with this one! Those Bluejays are not to be trifled with. Those Bluejays are not the team with whom one trifles. Whatever.
*Wisconsin over Minnesota. (R)uffda! disagrees with me, but I say the Gophers can’t beat the Badgers without Jones.
*New Mexico over San Diego State. Let me just tell you, however, that the Mountain West Conference follows no rhyme nor any reason.
*Long Beach State over Pacific. BeeGee retires if the 49ers lose this one.
*Penn State over Michigan. BeeGee retires if the Lions lose this one.
*Princeton over Yale. Nothing like a little Ivy League volleyball to excite this old dog.
*Santa Clara over St. Marys. The Broncos are unpredictable.
*Stanford over Washington. I always hate not picking the dogs, but I’m afraid the Robber Baron’s lasses don’t lose in the Pac10 this year.
*USC over Oregon. I know there are many fans out there who think the Ducks win this one. I say USC treats them like rubber duckies in their tub.
*BYU over Utah. Who knows? Stupid MWC!
*Creighton over Missouri State. The Bluejays will not lose both this weekend.
*Duke over Clemson. Duke struggled against UNC. The Tigers could pull an upset. But they won’t.
*Middle Tennessee over Florida International. I was thinking about making this my upset special. Maybe next time.
*Wisconsin over Iowa. Take this one to the bank.
*Iowa State over Kansas State. The Cyclones win at home.
*San Diego over Loyola Marymount. The Toreros need to rebound.
*UNLV over New Mexico. Stupid MWC!
*Ohio State over Michigan. This is the upset special I decided upon. Upon which I decided. You’re welcome.
*Texas A&M over Colorado. Aggies. Aggies. Aggies.
*UC Santa Barbara over UC Riverside. Kathy scares me. I’m guessing she’ll give the Highlanders the heebie-jeebies.
*UCLA over Oregon. Tough weekend for the Ducks.
*Alabama over Georgia. Yee-haw!
*Notre Dame over Syracuse. I had a crush on an Irish setter once.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger (R)uffda! said...

Harsh, but to the point. I like it.

October 17, 2007 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home